Maximize your Manchester moments between wedding events
When you welcome your guests to Kimpton Taconic for your wedding weekend, you’re welcoming them to Vermont’s picturesque Manchester. We place you and your loved ones at the very heart of this New England escape — where art, culture, nature and adventure converge. Your friends and family will be spoiled for choice when filling their downtime, whether that’s a couple of hours between events, or a full day for adventuring.
A Couple Hours
- Manchester Hot Glass s a glass blowing studio & gallery open daily to the public, located in the beautiful historic Depot section of Manchester, VT.
- You can have a great time walking up and down charming Depot Street exploring the Manchester Designer Outlets, featuring values on designer brands from Brooks Brothers, to Le Creuset and more. Be sure to stop by the River Walk on the North side of Depot for some great photo ops.
- Opening in late April of each year, and located minutes from the hotel, the Southern Vermont Arts Center offers a world-class arts experience. Situated on 100 acres of pristine forest, you’ll find permanent and rotating gallery exhibitions, Vermont’s largest sculpture park and more.
- In 1856, Charles F. Orvis founded the Orvis Company in Manchester, Vermont. Today, Manchester is home to the Orvis Flagship Store.
- The Green Mountain State flourishes with green trees, babbling brooks, and pleasant days. Try Lye Brook Falls, The Equinox Preserve, The Equinox Preserve, the Bromley Mountain Trail, Bromley Mountain Trail, or the famous Long Trail to get moving in the fresh air.
- Mount Equinox Skyline Drive is the only place to capture expansive views of New York, Vermont, New Hampshire and Massachusetts. From its 3,848-foot summit, you can see the best views in all of Southern Vermont. This is a true Vermont instagrammable moment! This 5.2-mile drive will take your breath away. Feeling adventurous? How about a hike to the top? The trails are just a short drive from the hotel.
- If learning to fly fish or improving your casting technique seems intimidating, you just haven't met the right fishing instructors yet. You can learn from the best with a one-day program at the Orvis Manchester Fly-Fishing School, situated in Vermont's Green Mountains.
- A quick drive from the Taconic, Hildene the family home of Robert Todd Lincoln (the only son of Abraham and Mary Todd Lincoln), is situated on 412 acres of forestland that offer a great glimpse of foliage (with a healthy dose of history thrown in). Start with the informative Visitor’s Center, then enjoy your self-guided house tour, and explore the idyllic walking trails.